LG Optimus Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile)

I have had this phone for five months, and I thought I would give my final impressions of the device.

First off, the battery life isn't amazing, but I've found that turning off data while I don't use it is really helpful. The phone lasts for days. If I need to check something online, I quickly go into my settings, turn it on, and check what I need to check. Before I started doing that, I realized that the phone would last MAYBE six or seven hours.

Web browsing has actually gotten a lot better. I was a little worried after three months in. There were times I couldn't get on a web page at all, but I feel that the problem has been resolved.

GPS is still reliable and better than my Garmin.

I actually no longer use this phone as an mp3 player. Even with Double Tap, I felt that it lacked organization.

I have experienced a few dropped calls. One time in particular, I was calling a friend, and our call was dropped four or five times within the hour. I'm not sure if it was his phone or mine, but it had never happened before, and it hasn't happened since.

This phone is really your best bet if you're on a budget yet want to experience a midrange smart phone. Does it have the capabilities of an iPhone or Droid? It's actually pretty close and for the price, I can't complain. $60.00 a month for unlimited everything and a quality phone is fantastic. If I decide I never want to see this phone or this company again, I'm not forced to pay a fee for having a choice. I can easily go online and cancel my services, and I'm not waiting on the phone to speak to a representative. In the five years I've used prepaid phones, I've never had to speak to one person regarding my phone, terms of service, etc. That alone is worth the price in saved time and frustration.