LG Optimus GT540 Unlocked GSM Quad-Band Phone with 3 MP Camera, Android OS, Touchscreen, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth--No Warranty (Black) by LG


Let me start by saying you will love this phone if you know what you are buying. And what are you buying? A/ Bang for your buck.

Externally, the phone looks great. I love the shape, the size, of both the phone and the screen, is perfect for my taste and the battery cap is both easy to remove and locks in securely.

As for the battery, it lasts 48 hours with moderate use (I don't keep wifi or APN on all the time).

As for the software, Android is great. The Android Market has LOTS of apps but it can be overwhelming at first. Also, most apps require access to a lot of personal data, which I feel is unnecessary at times.

The phone is fast, but as any computer it gets sluggish after a while and you need to restart it to clean your memory. Or get an app to do this, but I haven't decided on one yet.

At last, the screen. It won't win any awards, but it looks nice enough. You won't be able to make anything out in direct sunlight, but I don't usually use my phone outside during the day, I'm stuck in an office. The resistive screen is soft to the touch, but those used to capacitive screens will have a hard time getting used to pressing rather than brushing. (Light pressing, I mean, very light)...

Only con is It can't seem to get a 3G signal on my carrier, so I'm stuck with 2G for now.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase, you can't get any better for the price...