New Unlocked LG GX500 Dual Sim Phone in Black with wi-fi, 3.2MP Camera, MP3 Player, Integrated SNS, and 3 inch WQVGA Display- International version

I got quite fed up of having two phones in my pocket at any given time. One was for personal calls and the other was for business. Anyway the time came where I required a new phone so was weighing my options on whether to get a older android model and stick with two, or get a dual sim. I scoured the net looking for good options and came across the LG GX500. With mostly good reviews and watching a dozen videos on it I decided to take this one.

So far the phone performs stably. The touchscreen, even though resistive, really is not a problem to use. I'm getting faster typing using the full querty and was able to type an entire paragraph without any errors. There is usually a slight delay when switching screens but is very minor. Of course the phone is not intended to be capable of keeping up with the likes of the HTC android beasts. However, it has something that I find more valuable than the fastest or smartest. It has the Dual Sim Standby which works great! Making or receiving calls from either sim is a breeze with better than average reception on either.

Cons:
1. PC Suite is a waste of time. I cannot for the life of me get it working properly and I'm a IT Tech. Always gives problems, and if the phone rings during a large sync....forget about it. You gotta start over.

2. Good Java apps/games are few and far between, but then again you must understand that this is not a smart phone so your options will be limited.

3. Where I live there aren't any area codes before the number. Instead the phone only recognizes the country code. So for the phone to recognize my contacts I would have to manually include the country code on 200 numbers. example instead of 555-5555 I have to go put in the xxx-555-5555. Not much fun.